Nov 14, 2021

Time Traveler: E128. Too Many Questions


"Robin! Oh, Robin, welcome home, love. God I missed you so much. How are you? Are you all right? Did you have a good trip?" exclaimed Ann, rushing to hug him as soon as she saw him enter the bedroom. 
"I'm fine, I'm fine," Robin replied overwhelmed. "Where's Jessi?" he asked right away.
"In her room with Bethany and Five."
"I'll go see her right now."
"Wait--""


"Is it just me, or did it take you longer to come back this time?" Ann asked when she was finally able to let go.
"It's not you. This time my trip was longer, and... there were some complications," Robin replied.
"What kind of complications, did something go wrong with your engineered baby?"
"No, the baby's fine."
" Then, any problems with this 'volunteer mother'--what's her name?"
"Kaleigh Chandelace."


"Is she pretty?"
"Ann, that's not important. All you need to know is that the baby is fine, although he'll have to stay with his mother for a while."
"Yeah, sure-- Wait, you said 'he'll have to stay'. It means it was a boy."
"Yes. His name is Collin."


"I see... And I suppose he will be your successor."
"Not necessarily, Jessi could be too. If I can keep my job, that is," Robin concluded.
"If you can keep your job? What are you talking about, are you planning to quit or something?"
"Like I said, there were some complications during my stay in Oasis Landing that will prevent me from further Time Travel."


"You haven't said what kind of complications, did you get fired from the job, honey?"
"Something worse, I'm-- afraid I'm in trouble with the law."
"What? You mean you committed a crime? But how... Can you go to jail?"
"If you stop asking me so many questions, I'll explain everything."
"Okay, I'm listening..."

No comments: