Nov 17, 2021


Outside, the conflagration was not long in coming….

Riley: You’re the one who’s going to get in a lot of trouble for this, you smug b*tch!

Kelly: What did you call me?

Riley: You heard me right. Everyone on campus knows how conceited you are. You think because of your looks you’re going to become a big model, well let me tell you, with such a lousy character you’re not going to get anywhere.


Riley: (goes on) As for Dale, he’s too kind and sweet to put up with these kind of tantrums, if you don’t control yourself someday he might get tired and trade you in for someone more understanding, smart and good-natured.“


Far from stoking her anger, Riley’s last words make Kelly burst out laughing.

Kelly: "Intelligent and good-natured.” Like who, you? Give me a break!

Riley: Think whatever you want, you’re clearly not civil enough to compromise. So I’ll take up the matter in person with Dale. As the brilliant businessman he is, I’m sure he’ll be much more reasonable.


Riley: I’m going to come in. Can you get away from the door, please?

Kelly: Try and make me.

Riley: (Sighs) Well, if that’s how it’ going to be… I’ll talk to Dale later. In the meantime you better start getting that room ready, ‘cause I’m returning tomorrow to settle in.

Kelly: Over my dead body.

(Well, that was certainly a bad start for two future housemates).


Riley stormed out, Dale was left wondering. Does Riley truly plan to come back and take the room over? Of course she does, she has the power to. Should he and Kelly move to another dorm then? Or stay and try to smooth things over with her? After all, she is the daughter of the owner of half the University. You don’t want to antagonize her, you could end up not only out of the dorm but off campus.

Dale: (Thinking) What would T do in my situation? Well, I know what he would do, but I can’t do that. Should I call him and ask for his help?

Kelly: (From outside) Dale are you there? Dale, come on out, it’s time to go!

No comments: