Nov 21, 2021

Time Traveler: E134. Too Close

 

"So, you haven't told her yet."
"No."
"When do you plan to?"
"I don't know, soon. Whenever I gather the courage."


"Okay," Juliette replied, lowering her head.
"Jul, I'm truly sorry," he said, moving closer. "Believe me, if this was 2054, I'd move in with you and Rowan right now, regardless of anything else."
Juliette was startled.


"Well, this is not 2054, but 2016. So no poligamy, okay?" asked Juliette.
"Of course not, sorry," Robin said, blushing.
"Okay, now, can we get back to the subject?
"Absolutely, where were we?"
"Rowan, your visits, custody, and if he's going to carry your last name."


"Rowan is my firstborn and most likely my successor. He must certainly carry my last name."
"Your successor?" Juliette giggled. "Rob, I told you before, this isn't a monarchy, it's just Aurora Skies."
"You're right," Robin replied, embarrassed. But inwardly he was relieved to know that Juliette didn't care about certain things like firstborns and successors. That would simplify things a lot for him.


"Alright, then, you just say what day you want us to register Rowan and I'll go with you to the registry office", Robin said, placing his hand over hers. Juliette found it incredibly warm, and his touch alone was like a jolt to her senses.
"Do you mean it?" She asked.
"Of course I do."


"I want you to know that I'll do everything in my power to make sure our son has all he needs", he said, moving closer, holding her hand and looking at her tenderly. Juliette looked at him too, trembling inside.


Almost immediately she pulled away from him, she didn't want to, but she felt that they were both getting too close, more than she could, or should allow. There was something different about Robin, something she hadn't noticed before, a new kind of attraction, a strange force that drew her to him like a powerful magnet...

(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments: