Nov 21, 2021

Time Traveler: E133. The Cabin

"So, what do you think?" Juliette asked as they entered the only cabin in Serenity Sands.

"Hm, yeah, I like it. Excellent choice."
"Thank you. I like it too, it's one of my favorite places, you know? It's so cozy and peaceful".
"Yes, it is."


They both took off their coats, Juliette settled on the couch, Robin made sure to light the fireplace, and then went to sit next to her.
"Are you sure we can talk in here?", he asked.
"Yeah well, like I said, it's not totally private, but people usually stay out on the beach, and they won't come in if they see the cabin is busy."
"I see."


"And how is Rowan?" Robin asked, by now more comfortable in front of the fireplace's warmth.
Juliette's gaze lit up just at the sound of her son's name.
"Fine," she replied "Growing every day and getting into lots of mischief, like the curious and restless child he is."
"I hope he won't give you too much trouble."
"Oh, no, he's a very good boy in general. I'm sorry I didn't bring him along. I didn't think it wise to take him out with this weather, so he'll stay with my parents tonight."
"Good call."


"You can visit him whenever you want. Once or twice a week, or daily, if you like, and if it doesn't get you in trouble with... you know."
"Well, I could sneak out in the evenings when Ann's working or at some gig."


Juliette's face suddenly darkened.
"Jul? What's the matter, did I say something wrong?", he asked, puzzled.
"You said 'I can sneak out' as if we were doing something wrong."
"Well, it's a fact that as long as Ann doesn't know of Rowan's existence, I'll have to see him in secret. It's not ideal but, at the moment, there is no other option."

No comments: