Nov 21, 2021

Time Traveler: E132. Where did the Ocean go?


"Sorry, I'm so nervous I didn't even say hello to you, so... Hi," Juliette said, smiling at last.
"Hi," he replied, smiling too.
"It's cold in here. Shall we go in?"
"Sure."


"Had you ever come to Serenity Sands before?"
"No, never, but I've heard that people like to spend their evenings here, especially in the summer."
"That's right, as its name says, it's a very peaceful place. Mind you, there's not much privacy, but at this time of year there is few people, and inside the cabin we''ll be able to talk in peace and quiet.
"Sounds good."


"I know that the current weather is not the most suitable to see us on the beach, much less after the snowfall, but as you said some time ago that you would like to experience the sea..."
"It's okay, the cold won't be a problem, I come well wrapped up. Although I confess, I'm still a little afraid of the sea. In Oasis Landing we don't have beaches, except Derelict Beach, in the Wasteland, but it's nowhere like this. It is dry".


"All is dry. The only water we have over there is from artificially created lakes", Robin explained.
"What happened to the oceans and rivers?"
"Well, some say they were dried up by an asteroid that fell in the late 2020's, that's before I was born. Others say it was global warming, and some others say it was stolen by..."
Robin suddenly fell silent.
"By whom?" Juliette pressed; Robin kept quiet.


"Rob? Tell me, who would steal the water from the oceans and why?" She insisted, stopping at the foot of the stairs.
Robin heaved a sigh.
"Someday I'll tell you all about it, right now we have more important matters to deal with don't you think?" Robin replied.
"More important than the planet running out of water in the future?", Juliette claimed.


"Yes, because we came to talk about our son. He's more important to me for now. And it's not the planet, just Oasis Landing... as far as I know", Robin replied.
"Will you continue to keep secrets from me, Robin Crane?"
"Nope, from today on there will be no more secrets between us. I promise."
"Good. Now let's hurry up and get inside, it's freezing here."
"Sure".

No comments: