Oct 24, 2021

Time Traveler: E117. Crash Landing


Dustin leaned over Robin's motionless body. At first he didn't know what to do. One thing was certain: he had to move him from there. The Portal was burning like hell itself; he could feel it on his back. Maybe soon there would be another explosion, he had to act fast, but Robin wasn't moving. Was he...?
"Robin? Robin, bud, can you hear me?" 


After a few seconds of Dustin's panic, Robin reacted. Slowly, he turned onto his back and put a hand to his head.
"Thank you, God," Dustin breathed in relief.


"Dust? Where--where am I?".
"Aurora Skies, where else?"
"¿2016?"
"Yes. Now let's get out of here, the portal could blow at any moment."
"It won't, don't worry."
"Uh, whatever, we should go. Do you think you can walk?"


As the only response, Robin lost consciousness again. Dustin didn't wait, taking him by the arms, he began to move him carefully towards the door. The cold of the snow and Dustin's haste woke him from his unconsciousness again.
"Hold on, Dust, you don't have to do that, I--I'll walk".
"You sure?"
"Yeah, just, give me a second."


It took not one but several seconds for Robin to get to his feet, but he finally made it. 
"All right," said Dustin "Now we'll turn slowly toward the door, can you do that?"
"I think so."


"Slow down, you got this... That's it. Now tell me, what the heck happened?" asked Dustin, as they walked towards the house.
"Well, it's...complicated to explain," Robin replied.


"With you it always is, huh, buddy?" Dustin joked.
"Yep... Ouch, slow it down, my leg."
"Sorry." 
"It's okay."


"It's freezing here," Robin said, shivering.
"I know. It's -5°C. And maybe you have a fever. It would be good to get you seen by a doctor."
"Nah, I'm fine."
"Okay, we're almost there."

No comments: