Oct 24, 2021

Time Traveler: E118. Bruised


"Are you sure you're okay?"
"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine, don't worry, it was just a few bumps here and there. Nothing serious."


"Nothing serious, huh? Well, forgive me, but you look pretty bad."
"Nothing to worry about, I'll be as good as new in a few hours."
"A few hours? Who are you, Terminator?
"¿...?"
"Forget it, bad joke."


"That's it, step carefully. We'll head for the couch. I'd carry you up to a bed, but it's a lot of stairs." 
"You should have put in a tube elevator when I suggested it."
"Yeah, my bad. But I'm on it."


"Maybe I should take you to the hospital."
"No, I'm telling you I'm fine, my head just hurts a little."


"Can I get you anything, a painkiller or something for those scratches? 
"No thanks, a glass of water will do.
"A glass of water? Dude, I'm serious--".
"So am I. I don't usually take those things, I mean, painkillers.
"Why? No headaches in the future?"
"Let's just say medical science has advanced."


"You're talking about the 'magical' bracelet? Judith never goes out without it," said Dustin as he poured the water. "What's in it, the I Feel Good serum?"
"Emotions suppressors, they keep your negative emotions under control. They suppress physical pain as well", Robin replied.
"Fascinating!".
"Yeah, maybe if I hadn't taken it off I'd feel better now", Robin added bitterly. "I should have listened to Kaleigh and put it back on."
"Kaleigh?"


Robin avoided answering. Dustin decided not to insist. 
"Here you go, Atomic Water, from the Drink Synthesizer, I guess you're familiar with it. Talk about advanced medicine... It's good for these cases, plus it'll make you feel right at home."


"Yeah, well, Oasis Landing is no longer my home."
"¿...?"

No comments: