Sep 25, 2021

Time Traveler: E110 - Trapped - Part 3


"You want to save Collin from living like an orphan, but you're taking him out of his home on the very night of his birth?", Robin reclaimed.
"It's not the optimal, I know, but understand, they could arrive anytime now. If they find me here, they'll consider me a suspect and probably will arrest me too. Then both of us would lose Collin forever".
"Not if Emit speaks in our behalf".


"I know he'll do the impossible to protect us, but I'm not so sure that he'll achieve something. The Prime Councilor is furious, he thinks you betrayed their trust."
"So? What do you suggest? I mean, aside from taking Collin with you and Archibit".
"Well, you have two options. The first one, you appear before the Council right tonight and beg for mercy..."
"No way. We know that they're anything but merciful."


"They will take away my badge and my passport, they'll reinforce my suppressants treatment, not to mention-- the other stuff. I'll never get to see Ann, or Jul, or my other children again".
"Well-- then there's the second option. Emit surely will kill me for advising you this but, if you're not planning to turn yourself in, it would be better for you to return to the Past. The Council doesn't have any powers there, it's another time, another country, their laws wouldn't allow them. My suggestion is that you stay there until Emit obtains the pardon for you".


Robin let out a sigh. He was trapped. The Council considered him a traitor and if Emit failed in his attempt to save him the punishment wouldn't be long in coming. Staying in Oasis Landing at that moment was extremely dangerous, there was no other option but to leave Collin temporarily in Kaleigh's hands and get out of there immediately, otherwise he would lose all of his children forever...

(To be continued)

No comments: