Aug 29, 2021

Time Traveler: E104 - Too Much Information - Part 1


"And that's the story", Robin concluded, after telling Kaleigh all what had happened since he had arrived in Aurora Skies since he had arrived in 2014.


"You did all that, and you tell me until now?"
"I wasn't going to. Our contract doesn't oblige me to reveal details of my private life to you. The fact that you and I met before was nothing but a coincidence".


"You understand that is my job to report you to the Population Council, do you?"
"Yes, and I've told you I'll take the consequences".
"I should call them right now and dennounce you--"


"... But above all you're my friend, I'll never betray you and you know it. I won't say anything, but I suppose that, since you already had a son, neither me or my baby are required here anymore, so--"
"I never said I didn't want that baby".
"Good heavens, Rob, why did you have to ruin it like this?", Kaleigh cried.


"You knew it was an offence, then why did you do it? What the hell were you thinking, Crane?"
"I'm afraid I wasn't thinking at all".
"Obviously. You must have been insane to get married in the Past and procreate children by forbidden methods".
"Those methods were not forbidden there, in the past couples still can..."


"Stop. I don't wanna know. Boy, if Emit ever finds out--"
"You're-- not going to tell him, are you?"
"I don't know, Robby, I'm so confused now".


"What you did is not a misdemeanor, and I'm a cop, an informant in addition. That's my duty, to inform the authorities about any wrongdoing. I told you already that I won't go to the Council, but Emit? He definitely has to know. You're in serious trouble, Robby, and he's the only one that can get you out of this.
"By getting in trouble himself? No, I can't do this to him. Please, Kale, please don't tell him anything about this, at least not yet."


"First give me the oportunity to explain well to you how it all happened. Come on, let's go downstairs, have some coffee, calm ourselves down and then you decide what to do, okay?
Kaleigh heaved a sigh. She had almost forgotten about Robin's strong powers of persuasion.
"Okay. But only because I have more questions. And you still have a lot to explain".

No comments: