Aug 28, 2021

Time Traveler: E103 - Almost a Romantic Night

 

One of those nights in Oasis Landing, Robin and Kaleigh went out to watch the stars...
"This is a great idea, at least here we can breathe real air", Kaleigh said.
"I thought you liked air-conditioning".
"I do. And the one in your place is wonderful, but this is more fun".
"But it's all cloudy, there aren't any stars to watch".
"For me, it's enough being beside you".
"Kay, let's not go there, okay?"
"Come on, don't tell me you don't miss me", Kaleigh said, giving him a little nudge with her shoulder.


"I miss some things about you, yeah".
"I know what those things are".
"I wasn't talking about that", Robin answered, blushing.
"Well, I miss our getaways to Derelict Beach in Emit's car. Oh, the nights we used to have".
"I rather not remember".
"I remember. Boy, were you intense--"


"Are those stars or snowflakes?", Robin asked.
"Changing the subject won't help, officer Crane".
"Nobody's called me that in a while".
"'Cause you aren't in the Force anymore, but it suited you".
"Yeah, they were good times".


"We could bring them back tonight if you wanted to".
"I rather not".
"Why? Are you afraid of falling for me again?"
"Frankly, yes. It took me a lot to get out of your spell".
"My spell?" Kaleigh laughed "If you had been 'enchanted' you wouldn't have broken with me".
"I've already explained to you, it wasn't fair, I had nothing to offer you", Robin said as he stood up.


Kaleigh got up as well and put her arms around him. On an impulse, Robin held her in his too.
"What about now? Do you have something to offer, officer Crane?", she teased him.
"Nop, just trouble".
"I'd love to get in trouble with you".
"Kale--"
"What? Do I make you nervous? That's not like you, Crane".
"I've changed. A lot. Understand me, I am--"


"Shh-- I'm not asking for anything. Only a little fun remembering the old times. Just that, no promises, no expectations, no hard feelings", Kaleigh said, getting even closer.


Robin couldn't help himself anymore and kissed her. He had always been weak when it came to girls, but with Kaleigh, this weakness was double. She knew him like the back of her hand, there wasn't anything she didn't know about him, except for...


"Kale..."
"Yes?"
"I'm sorry, I can't do this."
"Why not?"
"Because-- Listen, there's something I haven't told you. I know it's gonna sound crazy, but it turns out that-- I'm married".
"Is that all? Well, that's fine with me. I'm not the jealous type".
"You don't get it. I got married and I have a family... in 2016".
"WHAT?"


Kaleigh got away and turned her back on him.
"What do you mean you have a family in 2016? You mean you had children in the Past? You know that's illegal. It is my duty to report you with the Council right away".
"I know, and I'll take the consequences, but hear me out first, please".
"I'm listening".

No comments: