Apr 11, 2021

Cassandra's Side of the Story


"Do you feel better?"
"Not really."
"Wanna tell me what happened?"
"You know already, don't you?"
"All I know is what Antoine told me: that Dean was married to Emily, and that she was heading for Island Paradise to talk to you. I tried to get ahead of her, but I didn't make it".
"Well, thanks anyway, but there was nothing you could have done".
"So, what did Emily tell you?"


"She introduced herself as Dean Lothario's wife. At first I thought it was some kind of joke. But then she said that they had been married for years, that they had four children, three teens and a young adult; that Dean left them when they were kids and that she never heard of him until a few weeks ago, when he called her to ask for a divorce 'cause he wanted to get married again.


"I got mad, I asked her to stop and told her she was a liar". 


"She told me she had proof and showed me her marriage certificate, some pictures of her wedding and of Dean with his children. Everything was true! I was devastated, I didn't know what to say, so I just told her I believed her and asked her to leave. She said she needed to talk to Dean,  but I told her he wasn't home.


"When Bradley returned from school, I was still in the living room, in shock. He asked me if I was okay, I told him I wasn't. He asked if it had something to do with the woman that had visited me that morning, again I said no. I told him I was just nervous because of the wedding and that was all. I didn't want him to know, at least not yet".  

No comments: