Oct 31, 2021

Time Traveler: E121. Worn Out


"Rob? What's this favor you wanted to ask me?" Dustin asked, as he saw Robin sit back down, and remain silent for a moment.


"Hold on, I think we'll have to leave that for later. I'm not feeling well. I'm dizzy and... Ouch, it's my head again."
"Do you want us to go to the hospital? It's nearby and my mom is on call, they'd see us fast," Dustin suggested, trying to disguise his concern.
"No, it is not necessary, I'll be fine, just give me a second."


"Sorry to insist, but you look terrible," Dustin replied.
"I know, that's how I feel, but like I said, I'll be fine in a few hours."
"Yeah, sure."
"I will, I swear."
"Anyway, you'd better lie down while I run your bath. Come on, I'll help you upstairs."


"Aaaand here we go again," said Dustin, as they both headed for the stairs.
"I really don't understand why I feel so bad, this is unusual," Robin complained.
"Of course it's unusual, you suffered an accident, for heaven's sake".
"I've had accidents before and I've never felt this strange."
"Define strange."
"Well it's like--extreme fatigue, and--like there's a revolution going on inside my body."
"Well, you almost got electrocuted. Not counting the radiation, you must have received. In fact, I'm surprised you're in one piece--And I'm certainly glad."


"Really, Dust, I'm sorry to give you so much trouble and at this hour."
"Oh, it's no bother at all," Dustin replied.
"You're a great friend, you know that?"
"Yeah, well, don't get used to it. I'm not an athlete and you don't weigh 100 grams," Dustin joked.
"I know," Robin replied, barely smiling. Exhaustion was causing his eyes to continually close.


"Almost there, just one more flight of stairs... That door across there is my room. It's the closest one, but it's a real mess. There are books everywhere, on the floor and on the beds..."
"Anything interesting?"
"If you feel like reading about the theory of relativity and quantum physics."
"Honestly, I don't want to know about the subject right now."
"I thought so." 


 "Third floor," Dustin announced.
"Are we there?"
"Yes, it's that door at the back."
"Good, it's about time."
"Upstairs on the fourth floor is Jul's room, she still stays in it when she comes to visit, but I don't know if you want to go there."
"I'd love to, but I don't think I can take any more stairs. I'm dead, dude."
"Well, I'd carry you over the threshold, but it'd be kind of weird," Dustin teased.
"Yeah, no, I-I'll walk," Robin replied, trying in turn to smile.
"Are you sure you can?"
"Yeah, you can let go now."
"Okay."


Dustin stopped and opened the door to which Robin reached, a little unsteady but on his own two feet.  
"This is it", Dustin said "It was my parents' bedroom, it has its own bathroom so you'll have absolute privacy. After the bath you can take a nap or spend the night here, if you like."
"I don't think so, but thanks anyway."

No comments: