Sep 4, 2021

Time Traveler: E105. The Informant - Part 2


"Emit? Yeah, I'm still here. I just talked to Robin. The Council was right about him, he himself confessed everything to me".
"Damn it!"


"What do I do now? Robin is suspicious of me, and the Council is waiting for my report".
"Did you do what I told you?"
"Yes, I disabled the microphone, but I must turn it back on soon or they'll notice".
"Alright, turn it back on as soon as you hang up. If the Council questions you about this, tell them to adress me, I'll deal with them..."


"In the meantime, you watch Robin closely and don't let him travel back to the Past".
"I don't think he will for now, he can't leave me alone until the baby is born".
"Good. Then you take care of yourself and if you notice any strange activity around the house, like drones or things like that, please inform me immediately". 
"Of course I will, but first, there's something else I think you should know".
"Holy Jupiter, there's more?" What is it?"



"Well, during my medical appointment, a doctor from the RSL came to me and said he needed to talk to Robin. I asked what it was about, he said something about his DNA".
"His DNA? F*ck!"
"What the hell is wrong with Robin's DNA, Emit?"
"Er-- nothing, it's nothing, you just, by all means, prevent Robin from talking to that doctor".
"Don't worry, I don't think he even remembers".
"Great, I'll take care of the rest".


"Are you sure Robin is fine, Emit?"
"Yes, yes he is. I only need to make sure that the RSL people are being legal about his personal data privacy. 
"Okay--", Kaleigh answered, not quite convinced.
"¿Anything else I should know?", Emit asked, still agitated.
"Yeah, well, I'm-- not quite sure, but I think Robin has stopped taking his suppressants. He's been acting weird and he's not wearing his bracelet".


"What? For the moons of Saturn! What's wrong with this kid?"
"I know, I should report him right now for breaches of the health regulations".
"No, no, no. Please, don't give notice yet leave it to me, I'll handle this too. Did you hear me, Kaleigh? Not a word about this, nor to the Ministry, nor to the RSL, not even to Robin, understood?"


"Understood", Kaleigh sighed.
I know it's a lot asking you not to do your duty, but I promise I'll fix this mess as soon as I'm able. Trust me, I will. I thank you for the information, you're doing a great job, Kale. Now, go get some rest".

No comments: