Aug 27, 2021

Warning


It was a normal evening for Candice and Tyron Cho. They went to the festival and were enjoying a snow cone.


Then, all of a sudden, Candice's phone started to ring. Who could it be at this hour? From work maybe? But she was still on wedding leave!


Tyron knew well who it was but pretended not to.

Candice: (on the phone) Terence? Why are you calling me? And at this hour? Alright, I'll be there, but this better be important. (Hangs the phone) Ty? I have to go; your brother says he needs to talk to me. Do you know what this is about?"
Tyron: Hmm, nope. No idea.


Candice and Terence met at the Bistro. He bought her dinner, which was odd from him, but the gathering wasn't so bad. (Except for his 'work' outfit, of course).
Candice: So? What's that important thing you wanted to talk about?
Terence: Well-- It has come to my attention that you've been dating your boss, Jasper Goth.
Candice almost choked with her food, but she recovered quickly and tried not to show her embarrassment.


Candice: What are you talking about? Jasper and I haven't been 'dating'. He just invited me to lunch after work. It was one time only, but-- how would you know? Have you been following me?
Terence: I have my contacts, yes.
Candice: But-- who gave you the right to--?


Terence: Easy girl, I couldn't care less about your private life. It was Ty who asked me to spy on you. He's not a fool, you know? It was more than evident to him that Goth idiot couldn't stop looking at you during the wedding. Additionally, he thinks you spend too much time at the Fire Station lately.
Candice: ¿Ty distrusts me?
Terence: Of course he does, dear. You've been such a naughty girl, but that's over. From now on you'll be careful not to distract poor Jasper at work. The Firefighter profession is dangerous, accidents happen. We don't want your revered boss to get hurt, do we?


Again, Candice almost choked with her dinner. Terence continued eating as if nothing, (and with a great appetite I must add). Candice had to control herself not to throw her Bouillabaise at him.
Candice: Don't hurt Jasper. He's not to blame for anything. It was me who flirted with him, but he rejected me each time.
Terence: Wow, that's quite a confession, darling.
Candice: Don't you 'darling' me. Tell Ty that he can call off his surveillance, there's nothing between Jasper and me. And next time you eat at the Bistro please wear some decent clothes, not that ridiculous cheap villain drags!


Terence wasn't offended in the slightest, in fact he had laughed in her face. Candice threw her napkin at him and stormed out of the Bistro. When she got home, she decided not to call Tyron for it. Last thing she wanted was to expose herself, or to put Jasper at risk for the matter. Either way, he had made his decision too late 'cause she was married with Tyron now, there was nothing left for them to do.
Candice: (to herself) "It's over. Goodbye forever, Jasp, you forget about me, and I'll stay away from you for your own good".

No comments: