May 14, 2021

Time Traveler: Episode 57 - Oasis Landing 2054


Oasis Landing, year 2054 again. Home, sweet home!


Robin stayed in the Past for so long, but now he's back and many important issues are waiting here to be solved. One of those issues is, of course, with Bethany. Should he tell her...? 


Of course he should tell her, but how to do so without hurting her, er, 'feelings'.
"Hey! I'm back! Anybody home?"
"We're here upstairs!"
That's definitely not Bethany's voice.


"Robin, where the hell were you? Bethany's been dead worried", Judith exclaimed as soon as she saw him come up the stairs.
"You know where I was".
"But you finished University two weeks ago".
"I had things to do. Something came up, let's go outside and I'll explain you".
"Wait, why are you whispering?"
"Cause I can't talk here, let's go outside, okay?"


"What?? You got another girlfriend?"
"Could you please lower your voice? I don't want Bethany to hear us".
"Alright, I've lowered my voice, now explain yourself".
"Long story. I met this girl at the University, her name is Ann. We're living together now in Aurora Skies".
"At the High Tech house? Rob, are you out of your mind?"
"No, not there, in another house, a normal one".
"Okay, but what about Juliette, does she already know?"
"I don't think so, I haven't talked to Dustin in weeks".
"Rob, this is wrong, this is very wrong".
"No, it's not. I'm in love with Ann, she wants a family too so I'll be able to accomplish my mission. You should be happy for me, Judy".


"Of course I am, but what do you think Jul will say when she finds out?"
"Nothing. She wants nothing to do with me, remember?"
"That's true... Now, what about Bethany? She really likes you, and she'd do anything for you. I hope you have a good explanation to give her about your behavior".
"I'm sure she'll understand. Besides, she can't help me with this particular mission and she knows it".
"Fair enough, plumbots can't have children".


"Oh, speaking about children, what happened to Plan B?" 
"Plan B? What Plan B?"
"The plan you made with the people of RSL."
"¿...?"
"Reproductive Solutions Lab. You know, the baby designers?"
"Oh, that plan. I completely forgot. Well, that was an emergency plan only. I'm not really in favor of engineering babies, so I'll just call it off".
"But you signed some papers, they got your DNA sample".
"No problem, I'll ask them to give it back".
"You think they'll agree? They had everything ready to go, even the volunteer".
"Did they? Boy, they are fast... Anyway, I'll explain to them what happened and ask them to cancel".


"Okay, just don't forget to call them. You know how fussy they get about cancellations. Well, I have to go, good luck with everything, especially with Bethany. Boy, you're quickly turning into a heart-breaker! Thank God we're in 2054, we don't deal with that jealousy bullsh*t anymore... I think. Bye."


Judith left, Robin returned to the second floor. Bethany wasn't around, she was probably at the Battery Charger already, most likely angry and not willing to talk to him. Robin wasn't sleepy yet, so he went directly to the Reventlov's Bot Workshop to design and create some nanites.


Later he went downstairs, had a snack and played at the Holo-Computer for a while to distract himself before going to bed.
"Yay, how I missed Advanced Technology!"


Another day, Robin is ready to go to the Bot Emporium to buy materials to work with. He's still worried about Bethany, she usually comes to his bedroom to say good morning, but today she didn't show up. Like a flash, Judith's words returned to his head: 
"Good luck with everything, especially with Bethany. Boy, you're quickly turning into a heart-breaker".


"Forgive me, Beth. I did miss you too, but this mission is bigger than me".

No comments: