Apr 18, 2021

The Last Goodbye - Part 2 (and Last)


"Sure you're gonna be okay?" Tony asked when he finally calmed down.
"Yeah, don't worry, let's move on and talk about something else, our son, for instance".
"Well, Bradley will stay with me until he leaves for the University, then he'll live on campus, and after graduation he'll decide where to go".
"Sounds good. Can I visit him sometime?"
"Er, well... I'd have to talk to Jeannine".
"Of course. She hates me, doesn't she?"
"She doesn't hate you".
"Sure she does, but I hate her too, so..."
"Cassie..."
"Sorry. Never mind, I'll see Bradley at my house, as usual".


"Now promise me you'll think of me".
"Always. Believe it or not, you are in mi mind all the time", Tony answered.
"Great. So, can I kiss you goodbye?"


Cassandra didn't have to ask twice. They both floated in the clouds for a moment, but this time Tony made sure not to get carried away.  It took all his willpower to stop, though.


"I should go now", he whispered.
"Please, don't forget me", she asked.
"Never", he answered, holding her tighter. "Bye, Cassie", he added, and left the bedroom.


Cassandra's smile faded, along with the strength she had been pretending to have in front of Tony, and she burst into tears. She loved him, desperately, but she had realized it too late and there wasn't anything to do about it. Or was it? Only God knew, but she rather not get her hopes up. It was better to accept that Tony was gone for good. 


Tony went out with his heart broken, literally. What should he do now? Should he be honest and tell Jeannine what had happened, apologize to her and continue with their marriage? Or should he go back on his word, ask her for a divorce and start a new life with Cassandra, the love of his life?  There was a dilemma, and he should solve it quickly. But, how to do it without hurting anyone? It was indeed an impossible situation, however, by the moment he left Starlight Shores, he had made his decision.

(Casa de los Steele: Stone Mountain Manor by pancake101)

No comments: