Jun 28, 2013

The Tomb of Jean Necteaux - Part 3 and Last

Champs Les Sims, France, Memories of November 11, 2012 continue:

510
Just as I imagined, the stairs in the room with lamps took me back to the hall with the sarcophagi, where I had already been before, the one with the mummies which -thankfully- had not bee able to reach me. Of course, this time I was standing at the other side of the fence, next to the stone statue. There wasn't any mummy on sight, so I prepared to move the statue to place it over the switch on the floor.

  511
I didn't think any longer. I pulled the statue to place it on the switch...

 512
Which left the stairs at the other said trap-free.

  514  
 Through an opening on the corner of the floor I could see what waited for me somewhere down there.  Apparently, the sarcophagus contained exactly what I was looking for.

  521
I first arrived to the basement where the door that I had opened by moving the statue on the floor above was located. I should be at the end of my adventure! I went through the door, took down some rubble; in a hole on the wall I found a relic and a switch that I activated.

  522
Another door opened. Through it I got to a very long passage, that took me to yet another door...

  524  
 Thruough that last door I got to a big room full of barrels of Nectar, ancient coins, and at the bottom, in a corner... the sarcophagus I had glimpsed through the opening on the upper floor. I felt once again that incomparable emotion of the one who has finished his quest. I had completed the adventure of the legendary Tomb of Jean Necteaux!

  526
Quuickly, I opened the sarcophagus and took the clue that Yves Bernard needed, in doing it I also disabled some fire traps at the other side of the room. This allowed me to inspect it in his totality, so I was able to grab coins, bottles of nectar and other treasures of minor importance.

  529
In a chest I found a gem, a vase and fragments of statues. I took everything in a hurry. There was still a risk that the mummies would reappear.

  530
Going to a last door I reached the staircase that would take me to the exit.

  531
But the adventurer in me was telling me that I should go back and examine the rest of the sarcophagi, in case there was any important treasure left behind. I checked one by one, starting with the one farthest from the door. I checked them all, up to the last. When I was already examining the last one, which was the closest to the door, as it was to be expected, a mummy appeared at the bottom of the room.

  533
I had already grabbed hold of everything I cared for, I just picked up one last bottle from the shelves and, knowing how slow these mummies were, I walked calmly through the door. 

  535
The mummy was left behind. "Yeah, goodbye see you never, buddy!"

  534
  I climbed up the stairs that didn't lead directly to the exit, but to one more small room where I found a chest with a relic and a switch on the floor that - of course - I activated.

  544
For a change, the switch that I pulled opened a secret door that led to a tunnel, which in turn, took me to another door which I had opened previously.  Now I was before te real exit door that would take me to the real world, to my freedom after being literally imprisoned, God knows for how long, in a Tomb of Jean Necteaux himself. 

  545
The first thing I saw when I emerged was Chantal Saint-James, Noelle's daughter, carrying a bowl of cereal. I was safe in the normal world! It was all over, now I should report to Yves Bernard. 

  548
  "Well, look at this! It's the Recipe of the Ancient Nectar of Jean Necteaux. The combination of flavors here... well, it's clear that the man was a genius! You have my eternal gratitude and friendship, and from the entire city. I'm not sure if I could ever pay you enough, but maybe my only bottle of original Necteaux Nectar would be a start?"

  550
Yves payment was good enough, I didn't ask for more. My true reward was to be able to go to sleep in my bed and, most of all, to be at home. On the other hand, it was a great adventure I think I will never forget.

  552
The next morning I went to the Nectary to sell some of the bottles I have found at the Tomb of Necteaux.

  553
Then I stopped by the relic store and sold some minor treasures.

  554
  And that same night I was happy and peacful in Hidden Springs with my lovely family, resting, enjoying in their company. And preparing for my next adventure.

No comments: