Feb 19, 2023

TIME TRAVELER: E212. One Last Promise


"Okay," Robin said, after a deep sigh. "I have to go now, I've been out of the house practically all day, and…"
"I understand, your wife is waiting for you," Juliette said frowning.


"Jul, listen to me," Robin said, reaching over and taking her in his arms. "Jessi's birthday is in three days, when it's past, I'll ask Ann for a divorce. It'll be the first thing I do the next day."
"What if she doesn't give it to you?"
"I know she will, but if she doesn't, then I'll see what to do, just please don't give up on me, okay?"


"Have faith in me, I'll fix this. The next time I come to see you, I'll be free. It's only three days. Please, be patient and wait for me, will you dear?"
"You know I'd wait an eternity for you..."


"Just understand it's harder every day for me to let you go."
"It's hard for me too. All I want right now is to stay, but I want to do things right, I want to marry you - and I'm going to, as soon as I get this whole mess sorted out."
Juliette inhaled deeply and exhaled. "You don't have to give me any explanation, I get your point, and I'm going to be fine."
"You sure?"
"Yes."
"Okay, then, it's time for me to go."


Faced with an imminent farewell, Juliette reached over and hugged him as tightly as she could.
"I love you, Jul, don't forget that", Robin told her.
"And I love you, don't forget that either," she whispered.


"I'm going to make it up to you, for every single thing, I swear," Robin added, as he maintained the hug for long seconds. But he did not kiss her; he knew that if he did, he would never leave. And Juliette understood.


After saying goodbye to Rowan, who was still asleep on the swing, Robin returned to Juliette's side.
"Three days, count them. After that, I'll be back to stay. It's a promise, just please wait for me."
"Don't worry, I'm not planning to go anywhere," Juliette replied.


Once again holding back the desire to stay, Robin walked out of the house. Juliette was left alone with her restlessness. Would Robin really be able to fix it all? Would he come back for her to fulfill that last promise? Three days, they would feel like an eternity!

(To be Continued)

*Credits and thanks to Auf Fil Des Sims for their awesome poses: Patience_Pack, Reconfort_Pack, Instant Romantique_Pack, and Loving_Hug-1

No comments: