Feb 12, 2023

TIME TRAVELER: E210. CHANGING THE SUBJECT

At the same time, at Juliette's house... 

"Well, it looks like he did go to sleep after all," Robin commented, as they walked in the house.
"Yeah, I guess his lunch will have to wait," Juliette replied. "But he had a wonderful time, he looked so happy around you."
"I had a great time too. I can't wait to live all together, which will be soon, I hope."
"I hope so too," Juliette answered, then they just stood there, looking at each other for a few seconds…


"You still haven't told me, how come your mother decided not to join us today?" Robin asked to change the subject, as he placed Rowan on the swing; Juliette let out a sigh. 
"Well, in the end the respect for my privacy prevailed in her; she understood that we're adults now, thankfully".


"But she still doesn't trust me, does she?"
"Of course she trusts you, and Dad does too. I'm not going to lie, they were both a little sad that Row no longer carries the last name Shen, but overall, they're happy and grateful to you - just like me. Really, I can't thank you enough for what you did today".
"You don't have to thank me; I just did what I had to do as a father."


"I know, and I thank you for that too. But I wasn't talking about the registry, I meant you and Row, you are right for each other; to see you play together like that, how you understand each other so well, was just beautiful. This whole day itself, it was perfect."


"Yeah, it certainly was." Robin replied. Again, they stood looking at each other. He, holding back his desire to kiss her; she, fighting the impulse to throw herself in his arms.


Until Robin took a few steps away and cleared his throat, willing to change the subject once more. "Do you know if your father has been able to unlock the document yet?" he asked; Juliette snapped back to reality.
 "Ah, yes, about that…", she stammered.


"Dad told me he was close to figuring it out with the help of a friend, Dr. Beaker." She replied, following Robin across the room.
 "Great, I hope the document actually contains information about my parents, and about the true reason the Oasis Landing Council is chasing me."
 "I look forward to that as well."
.

"It would be amazing if your parents were alive, don't you think?"
"Yes, and a bit of a shocker, too."
"If they are, and you could meet them right now, what would you do or what would you say to them?"
"Honestly? I don't know."
"Why, aren't you excited at the thought of having them with you after all this time?"


"Well, I know this is going to sound terrible, but sometimes I'd rather think they're dead, than to think they abandoned me, and that being alive all these years, they never tried to contact me".
"Well, no parent abandons a little kid just like that, maybe something happened that forced them to leave you, maybe it wasn't even their fault".
"Maybe. But I find that hard to believe."

No comments: