Nov 16, 2021


Dale is back in the living room, praying that Kelly isn’t upset and that Riley will leave soon.

Dale: So tell me Riley, what can I do for you?

Riley: Well, I don’t know if you heard but they are remodeling my dorm. I thought they would be done before school started, but it’s such a thorough job that I doubt they will be done soon, it might take them the whole term. So I was wondering if you would have any rooms available in yours and if you would mind having me as your roommate.


Dale of course has a vacant room, but he knows that offering it to Riley would be asking for trouble with Kelly.

Dale: You see, I have a spare room, yes, but it’s very small and somewhat uncomfortable, perhaps not to your liking, as you must be used to larger and much better furnished spaces.


Riley: Oh, don’t worry, any disadvantages will be offset by having you as a partner. It’ll be nice to get to know each other better, don’t you think?

Dale realizes instantly that he’s in serious trouble.


Riley didn’t come to make a request, she already decided that this is where she’s going to live this trimester. Dale would have no problem accommodating her if she didn’t constantly flirt with him. Suppose he did accept her, how would Kelly feel about it? He doesn’t even want to think about it.

No comments: