Nov 7, 2021

Time Traveler: E123 - In Limbo


The sound of water filling the tub brought Robin out of his reverie. The headache was gone, but the dizziness was still there, and it was even stronger. On top of that he was beginning to feel a tiredness that barely allowed him to stand.

The room was so warm, and his weariness so great, that he forgot his nerves and laid down for a moment. 
"I'll close my eyes for a second, just one, while Dustin comes back, then I'll take a bath, change and go," he thought as he settled into the Shen's comfortable bed. 


"This bedroom is the most private at our headquarters," Dustin explained from the bathroom "Judy loves it, I'm sure she'll want to move in here when she arrives, a few days before the wedding. We decided to get married here in Aurora Skies. My parents will lend us their house for the ceremony. This one is cool, but with the Time Portal in the courtyard, it might not be appropriate. I mean, some of our guests don't even know what it is... 
"I'll try to keep the water not too hot, because of your scratches, would you like me to put bubbles in, or would you prefer just warm water?"


Dustin suddenly realized  that he hadn't stopped talking since he had entered the bathroom, and that Robin hadn't spoken all that time, perhaps he had bored him with his talk? He had been so excited talking about the wedding that he had almost completely forgotten about his interlocutor.
"Rob--?"
 At the silence coming from the bedroom, he turned the faucet back off and headed for the door.
 "Rob, the tub is ready, you might want to come in while I get your..."
He stopped dead in his tracks as he entered.


"Oh, boy," he exclaimed, seeing Robin lying on the bed, sound asleep. "I guess the blessed suppressors finally started to kick in. It's about time... Okay, I'll leave you alone, a little time in limbo won't hurt. When you wake up, remind me to get me one of those wonderful bracelets."


After covering him with the blanket, Dustin went to the closet to get out a change of clothes. He looked for something warm that would protect Robin well from the cold, folded it carefully, laid it on the bed and headed for the door.
"There you go. You're sheltered, buddy. Now I'll let you sleep. Damn it, you've been through a lot, you deserve to rest", he added, and turning off the light, he left the bedroom.
Once outside, he decided not to call Juliette. He hated to leave her out but he had to take Robin's word for it.


He might not be 'Terminator', but if he said he was going to be okay, it was best to believe him. After all, he came from the future, he should know full well what was happening to him and what he should do, new things about science and medicine he was ignorant of.
"Okay, Rob, I'll trust you and go to sleep myself, at least you're resting now. That will do you good, I hope... And Jul, sister, you'll have to forgive me this time", he said as he closed the door behind him. 

No comments: