Oct 9, 2015

What Happened to Los Sims de Ana


Hi to all of you who are still following my blog, Los Sims de Ana:

The reason why I haven't updated this blog in so long is, first, because I am busy in real life writing a novel I started years ago and I want to finish it. No, I'm not a professional author, but writing is what I love to do the most and that's what I've dedicated to these past months, apart from all the things that come up on a daily basis.

Second, although I haven't stopped loving The Sims and it will be always my favorite game, I confess that I haven't played it in months cause I needed a break. It's just The Sims 4 never managed to catch me. I tried it, didn't like it. I uninstalled it, re-installed it, applied the patches that had come out, hoping it would turn into a 'real' sims game, as The Sims 1,2 and 3 were for me, but the updates camel in drips and drabss, they never fixed anything that The Sims 4 was lacking and I was never pleased.

I felt so sad to see that EA wouldn't care what the simmers suggested, also, they couldn't care less about the critics. For instance, the toddlers never returned to the game. I logged in the Sims 4 forums not long ago, to read that post where many users supported the petition to add this life stage to The Sims 4, and I realized that, even when time had gone by, and a thousand pages have been written, still nothing had happened and I that made me even sadder.

The 'toddlers' thing is just an example, but there are a lot more things that don't convince me of this 'new' game. So, for a while, I continued to play The Sims 3, which I adore, but it's exhausting how many mods need to be used in order for it to work properly (namely Nraas Master Controller and derivatives). The constant maintenance of the game folders, the 'cleaning' of the game's temps, deleting the snaps and other stuff in SimPE so the neighborhoods or worlds won't get bloated and so 'heavy'  that the ram memory of the computer won't be able to handle it. Anyway, whoever has gone through all this ordeal to play and is as obsessive as I am about the good performance of the game will understand me well.

I couldn't take it anymore, I got exhausted sometimes giving maintenance to my game, downloading all the Nraas mods, custom content and things to fix this or that error. Not to mention I had to be updating the graphic card drivers and even the ram memory, or outright changing to a new more powerful processor, which means a lot of effort, financially, and, in the end, the game remains the same: crashing 
or corrupting out of nowhere.

When they announced The Sims 4 for the first time, I had hope that everything would work better, that it would be something outstanding, with much more detailed sims, realistic, almost 'alive', and a fine finished game engine, something worthy of the times we're living, with games that leave you breathless because of the beauty of their graphics and their impeccable performance. 

I sincerely thought EA, Maxis and The Sims wouldn't fall behind and that all of us who had 'suffered' with The Sims 3 issues, would finally have a precious game that would work smoothly. They said in their announcement that it would be light and could be played in any computer. That was -in part- true. The game is lightweight, easy to play, but it lacks all that made me feel fascinated with The Sims. Gee, even the 'premades', Vaya, hasta los 'premades', that is, the classic characters of the game, like the Goths, etc., lack the personalities that made them famous and loved by the simmers.

I'd like to clarify that this is my opinion, I know many will think different and I respect you. I'm not trying to trash the game, I don't completely dislike it, I've played it a lot, for long periods of time and I had so much fun. It's just I can't help seeing him as it was just a spin off, not really The Sims, or at least not The Sims I used to know. And due to the cartoony look of these new sims it was impossible as well for me to make stories, which is what I liked to do most with The Sims, like what I did with the Sims 3 memories. The faces and gestures these other sims make prevented me from taking the right pictures to write a story or to describe a character.

In short, the disappointment I had with The Sims 4 was so big, that nothing has been the same. I still enjoy playing Sims 3, a lot, but I can't stop thinking how nice it could have been to have a 'new' Sims 3 with all its expansions, improved, with a working game engine and more detailed characters, not 'pudding' faced, more human and realistic like the characters in so many other games that are out there.

But, again, nothing's been the same. Not even the forums that I so enjoyed reading are the same. In fact, the page we used for the Sims 3 isn't the same either. This completely another era, all is about making YouTube videos and the like. I don't get it, I probably got old along with The Sims. It has been many years, fourteen to be exact, and I am fourteen years older, you go figure. 

I'm not saying I won't play The Sims 3 and 2 again someday. As the months go by and I see pictures of other people's sims, or I visit this blog and I see my own, I start to feel nostalgic for the sims, the real ones, the 'old ones'. Perhaps if in the coming years The Sims 5 come out and I like them, I will feel that 'fever' for the sims again and return to play.

In the meantime, today I finally gather the courage to come here and write this entry just to tell you that I haven't forgotten The Sims, our sims, the ones we used to play with at thesims3.com MyPage (which I don't know if it still exists); that I remember you all and think of you, and wonder if you're still playing The Sims and which are you playing 3 or 4, I hope you do, I hope you continue playing and enjoying. I hope as well that someday we will be able to play as we did back in the day.

Remember how we played in the afternoons, nights, and sometimes even late nights, how we simported our sims and exchanged gifts in game, the potions, etc.? Sorry that I went MIA like this and that I didn't write anything, know that I remember you all. I hope I'll run into you someday at the new forums someday. I love you all and I send you hugs.

Well, I'll finish this post now cause I don't want to bore you. Take care and happy simming. I'll see you again soon, hopefully. :)

(*Sorry for my bad English).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, we would like to invite you join us at BestDailySims.com Everyday, we will be updating the newest Custom Content from all the greatest creators out there.If you wish to share your creations with us , please submit them in the submission section of our site. Hope to see you join us and visit as you please. Best Regards BDS