Nov 8, 2013

Alexandra's First Case: The Case of the Culinary Backstab - Part 1

(From P.I. Alexandra Goth's work journal)

Someone came to me to ask me to investigate the case of a possible fould play at the Bistro. The first thing that came to my mind was to interrogate my mother. It was likely she would have some kind of information in this regard. So I went to see her just at the moment she was heading for the restaurant. We had to talk in a hurry and under a strong hail storm.
 
We had to finish our conversation and go our separate ways or the hail would kill us.
Mom wasn't able to remember anything foul her boss had done, so I had to investigate with someone else and draw my own conclusions.
The bistro is popular, which means everyone has been there. I should ask around town to find out what people know about the restaurant and the boss.
Running from the hail I went in the nearest store, it wsa the Consignation Store, where I questioned the only employee, Emilie Hampton, about the Bistro.
"The Bistro? It's a good place to eat. I have no complaints", was Emilie's answer.
My next stop was the Mick's Master Karaoke. At least it had stopped hailing, but there was still rain, so I had to run.
  
  Inside I ran into uncle Karim and his wife Lolly, they looked as in love as they always did. I'd have to interrupt their romance to question them and thus kill two birds with one stone.
I asked uncle Karim first what he thought of the Bistro, if he had had any problem or a bad experience with the food there.
His answer was the same as Emily Hampton's:
"The Bistro is a good place to eat, I have no complaints".
In view of my uncle's lack of originality, I set out to interview Lolly. She answered exactly the same.
It seems like more than a few people have negative things to say about the health record of the bistro. I don't like being a guinea pig, but I think I need to sample the food myself.
Before heading to the Bistro, I ran into grandma Myra. I hadn't seen her in a long time! I asked her about grandpa Mortimer, they're both fine. Then we commented on how bad the weather had been all day.
We said goodbye with a strong hug, I told her I was so glad to see her, that soon Cornell and I would go to visit them. She was very happy. Grandma Myra is admirable. She used to be a world adventurer, she made a career in Science, she's a Martial Arts champion, she plays the guitar, and now she is an Astronaut!
Anyway, I arrived to the Bistro at last and ordered my food.
The waitress who attended me took a long time and when she returned, she got the wrong dish. Making a display of self-control, I kindly asked her to take it back. She offered me a thousand apologies and shortly after, she returned with the right plate, adding with a wink that this was on the house.
Holy smokes! The food was good going down, but I'm not so sure it's going to be as pleasant on the way out. At first this was business, but now that I have food poisoning, it's personal! I need to speak to Jane Kamel.
It was time to talk to the authority, so I headed to Jane Kamel's house. She's my unlce Amin's wife, they both have important political positions. Maybe they could authorize me to look for clues at the place.Seeking to be brief, I explained to Jane what happened at the Bistro.
And then with all due respect and protocol, I asked for her permission to make my investigations  in the area inside the restaurant.
In spite of working in politics, Jane is a very honest person, she wouldn't tolerate a foul play, neither at the Bistro nor anywhere else, so she gave me permission to snoop for clues on the premises to see if there are any traces of chemicals or foul play. Oh, if my stomach wasn't doing flips this would be easier!
While we chatted it began to get dark and I started to feel unwell. Mi stomach was still doing flips.
I quickly thanked Jane and said goodbye. I would return home to rest and would return to the Bistro tomorrow to look for the necessary clues to solve my case.
Once at home, I took a long and restoring nap while Cornell was at work. Sleeping did me good. In the morninbg I would be more than ready to go back to my investigations.
Cornell returned a few hours later. He seemed happy to be in Hidden Springs again, and I shared that sentiment. There's no place like home! 
When he arrived I was still sleeping, but I left him a note on the refrigerator:
"Dear Cornell, I wasn't feeling well thanks to the food of the Bistro, so I went to sleep. Your dinner is in the fridge. See you tomorrow. Kisses, Alexandra".
"See you tomorrow, Hidden Springs".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hilas esto muy bien, me gusta tu forma de relatar.

Ana said...

Gracias, Daniel! Trato de darles cierto sentido a mis memorias, cosa que era difícil en Mi Página de Los Sims 3.com porque las va uno posteando en tiempo real. :)