Sep 20, 2014

About The Sims 4 Game

What is that in the distance? Perhaps it's Bridgeport, the sim city that never sleeps?


I'm going to continue posting pics of what happens in my Sims 4 game, but first, here's my two cents about the game in general: I don't dislike it, in fact I think it's pretty addictive, lol. But I don't feel completely attached to my sims there yet. I'm still waiting for more custom content, specially for skintones, since it's difficult for me to start a story or simply play seeing those cartoony faces, like Disney characters. I don't say this as a critic, it's just an impression. 
Another thing that makes me uncomfortable is that, in the distance things look blurry, but fortunately that was solved with a mod from Shimrod No Blur In The Distance. Also this mod: Improved Lighthing of the same creator contibuted with a better lighting inside the lots which is another little detail that was getting on my nerves.
Other than that, the colors are cute and the resolution, at least in my computer, looks good. The game dynamics are entertaining and leave you with no time to do anything else, I almost always end exhausted, lol. 
Anyway, the background in the picture I include in this posts give me hope that we'll soon get an EP with a huge city, an open world, cars and, with luck, no more 'loading screens', which would translate into more freedom for sims.  My humble opinion. 

(14/07/22) ETA: Almost ten years later, sadly none of my wishes for The Sims 4 were fullfilled, just saying).

No comments: