Sep 2, 2014

The Sims 4: First Images and Observations

My first pics of The Sims 4. They are random pics without a story, cause I'm still exploring the game, mind you, with sims of my own creation, which I had created since the demo came out. A total of 7 sims, but I haven't moved them all into the game, so only two of them appear here: Terry, who is a nerd; and Diana, the sim of my avatar at the new Sims 3 forums, who is an aspiring artist.
The pictures are of a Terry's walk in the park, and then at Diana's home, playing  chess, which is their favorite game. The images aren't edited or anything, that's why you'll see some plumbombs and angles not very well taken. Later on I'll see if I can post something better done. ;)


I'm not planning to make a riview of the game cause I'm not a social media journalist. My recommendation for all of you is: give the game a chance. Each player will decide what to think of it. For now, there are a few things I would like to point out because there are lots of rumors about some in game graphics flaws, I think it's just a matter of ajusting the settings, for instance:

- It's said that the game is very dark and that the lighting is too weak. Solution: if you place ceiling lights in every room of the house it will look better. In all the iterations of The Sims (and in real life) I am a lighting freak and I need very bright lights to illuminate each room.

- Other thing I read there somewhere: That is is boring when the sims go to work, that in The Sims 3 you could at least select what the sim would do during their time at work.  Solution: By clicking on the work icon under your sims avatar, you'll find the same options you had in The Sims 3: meet your coworkers, take it easy, work hard, etc.

- One more: The camera is harder to manage than in The Sims 3. Yes, it's different, but if you go to the camera setting and choose the "Sims 3 style" camera, you'll have exactly the same way to rotate and move the camera to your liking, just like you used to.

- Lastly: What happened with the Create a Style tool? Well, there is a design tool in buy mode to change the color of the furniture, it contains various color options, or rather color combinations to decorate the rooms of your sims the way you want. Maybe it isn't as detailed as it is in TS3, but it is there.

With regards to what I commented, that I didn't like how the graphics look. Again, it is just a mtatter of adjusting the options, I have set the all to the highest, though not in Ultra, and everything looks pretty sharp.

Anyway, I haven't played much, barely an hour last night and probably one more hour today. I suppose I'll be discovering new things as the days go by.

Mini-tutorial:

By the way, for those who asked how to take the sims you created from the CAS Demo to the actual game, just look in your Demo directory for a folder named Tray. Open it, select all its content and paste it in the same Tray folder, but at your The Sims 4 game. The folder named The Sims 4 CAS Demo as well as The Sims 4, are located in the Electronic Arts folder. The route then would be:

Your hard drive/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 Create a Demo/Tray  (For the Demo)
Your hard drive/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Tray (For the Game)

That's all. Good luck and Happy Simming everyone!

=)

No comments: