Jan 23, 2015

The Best Manager in the World


Michelle and her manager, her brother-in-law su cuñado Mike Langerak met at Flying V Coffeehouse. He was a bit worried since he heard Michelle had continued smoking. Michelle is more worried about getting a gig at the Rodeo Go Go.


So she promised Mike that she'd quit smoking at once if he helped her getting that show at the Rodeo.


Mike knows a lot of people, he could tell the owner about her, pull some strings.... 


"I'll do what I can, but you must promise me that you'll really quit smoking now", he warned her.


Despite Mike's efforts and Michelle really putting everything she had into quitting, the news regarding the Go Go Rodeo was not flattering. 
"I'm sorry Michelle, but I couldn't get you the contract at the Rodeo. The owner says you don't have what it takes. I'm afraid you'll have to work even harder."


"Please, Mikey, please tell me you'll insist on the landlord, will you?". 
Sometimes Michelle tried to use her charms to convince Mike, she seemed to forget that he was a married man, husband to her own sister, by the way. 


Just then she received a call from Miranda that reminded her.


"That was my sister, she says she's waiting for you at the cocktail party."
"I know. Well, I have to go now. Please forget about the Rodeo Go Go for now. Oh, and please... give - up - smoking." 
"Don't worry Mike, I will" Michelle sighed.
 As strict as Mike was in matters of work, Michelle considered herself lucky that he was the one managing her career. To her Mike was and would forever be the best manager in the world.

No comments: