Nov 4, 2014

The Disappearing Sim


When Jason wasn't in one of his shows...
 

... amazing his fans with new tricks... 


He spent his days at home, learning to mix drinks.


And, in passing, drinking those drinks to try to forget his feud with Reneé, which had been on for several days, a week to be precise.


The conflict between them of course didn't interfere with their jobs. They say 'the show must go on', so one of those nights, at Jason's request, Reneé agreed to participate in the famous trick The Disappearing Sim.


 In truth, Reneé hesitated a bit before getting in the box. The problems between her and Jason continued and, for all she knew, he was still very angry.  


What if his intention was to make her disappear forever?
The minutes inside the box were the longest and more distressing of her life.


Fortunately after those minutes of anguish - and excitement from the audience's part- Reneé reappeared at the door of the box, safe and sound.


"I'm back alive, thank you God".


"One of two, either you're a lousy magician or you just can't live without me".
"You were lucky this time, that's all. Now shut up and smile to the audience".


"Whatever you say, Amazing A**hole. I swear I will never ever get in this box again, even if you pay me".


Jason's show was a resounding success, but at the end of it, Buster Clavell died and everybody at the Rodeo Go Go witnessed his demise. The only thing left of him in the world of the living was his ghost.


What a pity, Buster had been one of the most regular fans of the Amazing Jason, he had never missed a performance and he was always asking him for autographs.


 "Goodbye, Buster. I'll miss you, pal". 
Buster's death made Jason think about his own life, and in how fortunate he was to be alive and surrounded by his family.


When he got home, Reneé was still angry because of the Disappearing Sim trick and she was locked in their bedroom. "What a luck, first Buster dies and tarnishes my show, and now Reneé won't talk to me. I suppose I'll sleep on the couch again tonight".


Someone's gotta give and that one was Jason. Leaving his pride aside, he sent Reneé a text message: "Forgive me for the Disappearing sim thing, it wasn't my intention to frighten you".
Reneé was glad that Jason's moodiness had come to an end, and thank him for it, but just in case she decided not to unlock the bedroom dorr, and Jason had to stay out. 
"I knew it, another night on the couch".

No comments: