Nov 13, 2013

Alexandra's First Case: The Case of the Culinary Backstab - Part 2

March 27, 2013

(From P.I Alexandra Goth's work journal)

 
Back in the now freezing Hidden Springs, we continue with Alexandra Goth and the Foul Play at the Bistro case.
With the Hidden Springs mayor's permission, I was looking for the clues I needed to solve the case at the Bistro.
But my general inspection ended without any results, there wasn't anything strange, everything looked perfect. There's nothing odd afoot. The food at the bistro is clearly tainted, but the supplier isn't. What if [Sim 1] isn't being honest about this business? I should dust for incriminating prints at [Sim 1]'s home.
It hurt just to think about it - What if my mom isn't being honest about this business? I should dust for incriminating prints at my parents' home.
So that same evening, I headed to home to try to break in on the sly. It was weird to go to my own family's home to look for clues as if they were criminals. Plus, it wouldn't be easy to go in unnoticed, cause there was always someone at home.
Once inside, in the kitchen, I heard noises. Mom and Dad had just returned from work! Billy and Jasper were upstairs, still awake. I had to get out of there before they saw me!
I had been on the verge of being caught. I didn't know if I could continue in this case, it was very difficult for me to have to sneak in my own home. Perhaps I should come clean with my mother and leave the case.
But I thought better of it and, at about 4 am, I returned to my parents' house, determined to find what I was looking for.
This time I decided to start with the pool area. Very quietly, I snuck in through the backyard door. To my surprise, my brother Jasper was there, half sleep in one of the garden chairs.
I kept on tiptoeing, wishing he was so sleepy he wouldn't see me, and without making noise I approached the chess table. Fortunately, Jasper not only did not see me, but he got up and seconds later he got in the house without even noticing my presence. Now calmer, but in a bit of a hurry, I started to look for fingerprints on the chess table and on the chairs.
A little dust here and there, I worked fast fearing that Jasper had seen me and had called my parents; or that someone else would see me through the window. To my luck, my fears were not realized and I was able to leave smoothly.
In the morning, with the excuse of visiting my brothers, I managed to sneak in their bedroom to look for more fingerprints.
Again, I prayed that no one would go in suddenly while I did my work.
Finally I got it. I had enough clues. Shortly I would know if mom had something to do with the Bistro affair. For now, it was time for me to go home. I hadn't slept well, I needed a good rest.
But I couldn't sleep a wink thinking about my findings: My parents' house is full of common, harmful, but non-lethal chemicals.
 
When I gather the courage, I called her on the phone. She confessed to me all. She has set up Rene Saucedo to fall in order to get a promotion! I should tell Rene that it's a setup. That was a truly foul play. Obviously I couldn't dennounce my mother, but I explained to Rene Saucedo what I had found out.
Rene is furious to hear about the double-cross and how my client treated the bistro's customers, including me, with food poisoningHe guarantees that vengeance will be had and all will be set straight. I had to beg him not to fire my mom, appealing to the prestige of the Goth family, especially my grandpa Mortimer, who is a distinghished customer of the Bistro from immemorial times. Finally, Rene agreed to exonerate my mother and, in the meantime, he made caloric filled amends with a delicious plate of chowCase closed, if you ask me.
All that remained was to hope that Mom and Rene would settle their differences as amicably as possible; and that they could continue working in peace. 
I would take some days off before starting with my new case. This last one had been too stressing, besides, I needed to sleep, since I hadn't taken a wink in almost 48 hours.
Not to mention I had to take care of Cornell, who was home with a terrible cold.

No comments: